Anti- Aging Treatments
As a first step, at Glenmore Landing Vein Clinic, our physicians will ask some basic questions to ensure that you are a proper candidate for any of our Anti-Aging Treatments. Once this has been confirmed, one of our doctors will ask you to accentuate lines in the areas to be treated, by intentionally frowning, furrowing and raising your brows. During this time, she will deliver a series of minor injection through a very small needle. Each injection is methodically placed, based on your specific needs.
Here is a partial list of beautiful results from this FDA-approved substance that’s been in regular use for 20 years:
- Correcting asymmetry
- Nasalis: “Bunny” lines [lines in nose from wrinkling]
- Glabella: Lines between the eyes
- Masseter muscles: Lower cheeks can be treated for slimming or softening effect on jaw-line
- Hyperhidrosis: for excess sweating on underarms, palms, soles of feet
- Lower “marionette” lines below the lip corners
- Relax the muscle that draws up top lip
- Periorbital: Crow’s feet
- Perioral: Smokers’ lines [vertical lines bordering upper and lower lip]
It is recommended to discontinue aspirin, aspirin-like products, non-steroidal anti-inflammatories, St. John’s Wort, high doses of Vitamin E, and alcohol for a few days before your treatment to minimize bruising and swelling.
Treated areas may be slightly swollen and red following the procedure, but these effects generally disappear within a few hours to a day. It is recommended that the patient return two weeks after treatment for a follow-up appointment to ensure that the results are optimal.
It is important that the amount of movement or sleeping on the area injected be minimized for the next 48-72 hours (e.g. minimize smoking and/or drinking from a straw, sleep on your back). Treated areas might feel numb, swollen, firm, or sore for a few days and may appear bruised.
- Cosmetic Injectable procedures may not be the correct course of treatment for everyone. Side-effects including serious-side effects have been associated with the use of Onabotulinum Toxin A. Patients are therefore recommended to discuss these and their personal medical history with their physician prior to beginning any Cosmetic Procedure at Glenmore Landing Vein Clinic.
Allergan Fact Sheet
Allergan reviews the safety of all of its products on a routine basis in response to new clinical and scientific data and adverse events reports, and makes the appropriate changes to ensure optimal patient safety.